Cock Hero - Randomiser

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

JuliaKitty
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Re: Cock Hero - Randomiser

Post by JuliaKitty » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:55 pm

bbampfade wrote:New release:

https://github.com/bbampfade/ch-randomi ... .1.0-alpha

This release contains a new feature. It was a feature I saw in this post:
I downloaded this but have no clue how to make this work. It just says no videos found check ur XML files, path used: C:/....

bbampfade
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbampfade » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:51 pm

In the same folder as the executable it will look for 3 files: CHDB.xml, orphans.xml and tagdb.xml; I think it doesn't care if they exist and will make them if they don't.

CHDB.xml and orphans.xml have the same general format:

Code: Select all

<CH>
<!-- many video entries, one of which might look like this: -->

<VIDEO Exists="true" LastChecked="2016-12-22T17:37:58.5791196-06:00">
    <Filename>Faster Than Cum Series\Cock Hero Faster Than Cum #2 (Ready To Cum #2 Rework).mp4</Filename>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:00:43.5020000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:05:10.7030000</EndTime>
      <SkillRating>1</SkillRating>
    </Round>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:05:31.4130000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:09:02.6620000</EndTime>
    </Round>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:09:02.6620000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:12:13.9060000</EndTime>
    </Round>
  </VIDEO>
  </CH>
The text inside the Filename tag needs to be a path to the video file. The copies I put up on Pastebin have paths that make sense for where I have the app and the videos. The paths are relative to where the app sits. (Note: I should fix this and allow you to put absolute paths here... but right now it is going to prepend the entire path up to where the app is to whatever you put in this field).

When you start up the program it is going to check to see if those files exist. If the file is empty, or if none of the paths resolve to files, you will get the error message you got.

So... to fix your problem... I don't really know enough about your setup. To run this, you need at least one video in either the CHDB or orphans XML file, and it has to exist at a path relative to the app.

If you just want to start the thing without worrying about it, you can put the "<VIDEO Exists="true" LastChecked="2016-12-22T17:37:58.5791196-06:00">" in place of any opening <VIDEO> tag from the copy up on pastebin.. it will check again if the LastChecked date is older than 2 days. So you can just bump the day in that example to work around it...

Though, if it can't find any videos, it won't be very useful.

JuliaKitty
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by JuliaKitty » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:25 am

bbampfade wrote:In the same folder as the executable it will look for 3 files: CHDB.xml, orphans.xml and tagdb.xml; I think it doesn't care if they exist and will make them if they don't.

CHDB.xml and orphans.xml have the same general format:

<CH>
<!-- many video entries, one of which might look like this: -->

<VIDEO Exists="true" LastChecked="2016-12-22T17:37:58.5791196-06:00">
    <Filename>Faster Than Cum Series\Cock Hero Faster Than Cum #2 (Ready To Cum #2 Rework).mp4</Filename>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:00:43.5020000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:05:10.7030000</EndTime>
    </Round>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:05:31.4130000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:09:02.6620000</EndTime>
    </Round>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:09:02.6620000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:12:13.9060000</EndTime>
    </Round>
  </VIDEO>
  </CH>
The text inside the Filename tag needs to be a path to the video file. The copies I put up on Pastebin have paths that make sense for where I have the app and the videos. The paths are relative to where the app sits. (Note: I should fix this and allow you to put absolute paths here... but right now it is going to prepend the entire path up to where the app is to whatever you put in this field).

When you start up the program it is going to check to see if those files exist. If the file is empty, or if none of the paths resolve to files, you will get the error message you got.

So... to fix your problem... I don't really know enough about your setup. To run this, you need at least one video in either the CHDB or orphans XML file, and it has to exist at a path relative to the app.

If you just want to start the thing without worrying about it, you can put the "<VIDEO Exists="true" LastChecked="2016-12-22T17:37:58.5791196-06:00">" in place of any opening <VIDEO> tag from the copy up on pastebin.. it will check again if the LastChecked date is older than 2 days. So you can just bump the day in that example to work around it...

Though, if it can't find any videos, it won't be very useful.
Spoiler: show
Theres CHDB and Orphans in the XML folder but there are CHDB, Orphans and Tags in the main Alpha folder so do i need to fill them both or just certain ones? also do i need to download the source codes?. Im testing with cock hero 1 and the video is in XML folder with CHDB and orphans and in the CHDB i changed the filename to match the actual video name
^ Never mind that :p I got it to work by following the instructions more carefully, Im so bad with coding and stuff but thank you so much :)
And if someone is having similar issues, I forgot to put the .avi or .mp4 etc in the end of the filename :p

bbampfade
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbampfade » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:14 pm

bbampfade wrote:The paths are relative to where the app sits. (Note: I should fix this and allow you to put absolute paths here... but right now it is going to prepend the entire path up to where the app is to whatever you put in this field).
Quick re-release to fix the bug I mention in this quote. Now you can specify paths relative to the app, or give it a full path.

No guarantees that you will produce valid XML when you attempt to do this, but my suggestion would be to do your paths like this (if you need absolute paths): (using / instead of \)... I don't know if this is necessary, didn't take the time to test it with backslashes.

<VIDEO>
  <Filename>C:/FolderWithVideos/VideoName.mp4</Filename>
</VIDEO>
https://github.com/bbampfade/ch-randomi ... .1.1-alpha

Llamadude
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Llamadude » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:56 pm

Love the idea of this randomiser!

Any chance this is still maintained?

I noticed that it doesn't seem to be truly random, at least not for me. It seems to really 'prefer' some scenes to the point where I can tell that it only plays certain rounds from certain videos - it's as if it just doesn't see some of the others.